Workshop on Inclusion of students with Autism at Mainstream Schools
Workshop Dates: 28th & 29th Nov 2015
Time: Day1: 10:00am to 5:00pm, Day2: 10:30am to 5:00pm
Venue: Computer room, 2nd floor, Main building, BIRLA INDUSTRIAL & TECHNOLOGICAL MUSEUM (BITM), 19A Gurusaday Road, Kolkata 700019.
With early identification and intervention more and more children with autism are joining general education. Yet a lot still needs to be done in understanding and supporting children with special needs and specially the student with autism.The workshop will look at different ways of enabling students with autism to enjoy mainstream education. We are also welcoming Dr. Sheba Abraham (Occupational Therapist) in this workshop who will talk about the sensory issues for children with autism at mainstream schools. Seats are limited (45 seats only) for this two day intensive, comprehensive workshop.
Day 1: Supporting & facilitating inclusion
28th November 2015
10:00 a.m. – Registration
10:30 a.m. to 5:00 pm Workshop
Speakers: Ms Indrani Basu , Dr. Mitu De, Manisha Bhattachrya, Ranjana Chakraborty
- Positive behavioral approach to enhancing class participation Understanding how difficult behaviors develop
How to deal with difficult behaviors How to develop participatory learning
- Providing Structure & Systems in the School Using visuals & schedules
- Exercises in enhancing communication for Academic progress Listening – understanding – responding (Activities for home or resource room)
- Emotional learning & Regulation for academics & happy school life Children and teenagers with Autism are susceptible to high level of anxiety especially when they are trying to cope in the social environment of a mainstream school. Anxiety coupled with specific skills which general education often demand may appear as behavior problem. There is a lot that can be done in reducing anxiety through activities at home & in the resource room.
- Making your child socially aware & Social inclusion
- About Peers
Day 2: Learning & Enjoying Academics
29th November 2015
10:30 am – 5:00 pm
Speakers: Dr. Sheba Abraham, Occupational Therapist From ASWB Indrani Basu, Ms. Nilanajan Ghosh, Manisha Bhattachrya
- Shadow teachers – purpose & need
- Sensory Integration to facilitate Academics (Dr. Sheba Abraham Occupational Therapist)
- Laying a strong foundation for Academics Pre academic skills & developing participatory learning
- Reading & Understanding Starting reading – developing fluency – comprehending
- Mathematics Developing Mathematical concepts Relating math concepts to the environment
- Different approaches to teaching subjects in higher classes
- Exams, Tests , Boards
Download and complete the Registration Form and email to us and make payment by direct bank transfer (please call us and tell us when you make bank transfer during office hours). OR you can download & fill up the form make payment at our office D/1 A Katjunagar , Kolkata 700032 between 9:30 to 4 pm on working days.